Friday, July 25, 2008

What has been goin on with my hair




Well it's still natural, yay me, this is some of the longest I have ever been on something ever. At this point I am serious about it. They say 30 days, well it's been since January 8th, 2008. I am still struggling with cutting it all off versus waiting a little longer to cut it all off. By all I mean the permed ends. I was so wrapped up into wondering what kind of hair type I had that I didn't realize I can't tell. So to any of you reading this, please let your hair get at least two or more inches of natural growth to understand your hair type. You just cant tell. Now if you've cut the perm off, you may see it sooner. I am not ready. My permed ends are not scraggly or bad, just straight. The hair is strong and healthy. I keep telling myself I need to keep the ends to allow for my braider to have something to grasp, so it will continue to look neat, but I think it really is just fear. I don't like short hair. It's not that it's ugly, I just don't like it. Another I have also noticed since wearing so many braided hairstyles, My appearance is more youthful with hair away from my face. I can not wear styles that cover my face. People have often given me compliments when I wore an up do, I always thought it was because my hair was "just done". No it's that fact that it was away from my face. I remember my mom telling me I had a perfect oval face, I took it to believe my face was long. No, it's oval and should be shown. I also believe my B vitamins and Omega 3-6-9 have totally helped with my appearance. I don't see eye lines or crevices. I will continue to watch this. So for now, I will keep braiding my hair, until I am ready to showcase it, when I am ready, I will upload before pics as well.

No comments: